Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What a Weekend

Jason had a day off!! We jam packed the weekend because there are so many things to do here but so little time. On Saturday we went to Tampa and toured an old Navy ship, a US Victory (I think). It was cool because we got go all over the ship including the engine room and we read and learned a little about life during the war on the ship. Yes, I am cool enough to wear sunglasses over my regular eyeglasses. After touring the ship we went to Busch Gardens to ride roller coasters together. It was so fun. I certainly feel older than I used to. We didn't take any pictures though. We went on like 7 roller coasters. One even went straight down at a 90 degree angle. We were pretty terrified by this thought but it was really amazing! We went on the good old river rapids and we thought we were going to come out dry until the end when we drifted under a large waterfall. We had a great time together, just the two of us. Then on Monday we headed east and went to the Atlantic Ocean to give it a whirl. Jason has been daydreaming of a Miata so we took one for a spin on our way to the beach. It was a great little joy ride. The beach was nice too. This beach actually had a life guard on duty and it was just like in Baywatch with the white tower and the ramp leading into it. We totally got sunburned but it felt so good to soak up some rays. But of course we missed our sweet little girl.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have scary roller coaster rides left in my life. I'm too scared! What a fun date day!

    ReplyDelete