Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother's Day: Southern Belle Style

I enjoyed many of my favorite things this Mother's Day weekend. We went to Sea World on Saturday and I touched a dolphin, Navie slept in till like 8:30 (that never happens anymore), we wore matching outfits to church, we took family pictures, I got presents, took a nap, and ate delicious dinner. And a new favorite, wearing a beautiful hat to church. Jason has been dying to get a funnel cake so we finally did and it was worth of every penny. And I finally got a picture of the whales in the middle of their trick usually I just catch their tail or the splash after the trick is over. Of course we had to have some grumpiness to start things off right for pictures but eventually Navie came around. I love her eyes in this one. Here are my 2 favorites. I was pretty much dreading this Mother's Day in the days leading up to it but things in life have a way of falling into place and working out even if it is 100% different than anticipated. We wore hats to church in support of each other as women. It was the perfect way to spend this first mother's day without my baby boy. I was able to think of the other women in my ward and in my life who also need support on this special day. I was able to take the focus off of myself and my sadness and look outward. And I got to wear a new accessory. I feel blessed to know that my Heavenly Father is mindful of me and has placed women in my life to strengthen and love in my ways I don't even realize I need. I also feel very humbled to be chosen to be the mother of such a special person who is waiting for me in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment