Saturday, March 31, 2012

Injuries and Shepherds

Not to worry, nothing major. The end table/filing cabinet received quite the blow today, not to mention...Navie. Navie was jumping along the couch, something she started doing after moving to Florida. Somehow today she overshot the couch and smacked her chin right on the table thing next to it. Navie has a small mark on her chin now but she totally put a hole (dent) in the furniture. I was rather amazed. After all the dramatic crying and snuggling, I made her tell the table she was sorry. Navie also sustained a minor bruise to the arm as well.


The next story I'm going to tell you is AMAZING and came straight from Navie. I'm telling it exactly how it happened.
So Navie and I are driving to the dry cleaners on Thursday. Up ahead a little ways I see a family of about 5 or 6 walking down the sidewalk towards us. I notice them because I was about to turn right and they were also dressed with white, long robes and straw-looking hats. As we get closer, Navie sees them out her window as well. As soon as she sees them, she tells me rather excitedly, "Mom, I saw them!" I'm thinking yeah, they had some different clothes, kinda funny. But no, next I hear her say "I saw the shepherds!" She then goes on to ask me "Are they going to see the baby?" The baby in which Navie is referring to is the baby Jesus, of course. I respond, "yeah they are." Now the thing I can't type is the pure excitement and joy in her voice like she is putting it altogther. She was ecstatic. Finally after another minute she says, "I didn't know they came to Naples..(pause)..Florida." I wish you could hear her say it like I do in my mind. It was HILARIOUS! She sounded completed awed about the wonder and greatness of this new place she now lived in because the shepherds and baby Jesus were here for goodness sake! I laughed so hard on the inside. I couldn't ruin it for her. Oh yeah and then she says, "Mom, we gotta tell Dad that we saw the shepherds." I've never been so grateful for people dressed in white robes before.

3 comments:

  1. That is adorable! She knows her stuff, it must be because you are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! We miss you guys, and as it seems you may never be coming back! Your life is full of fun and adventure, I need to kick it up a notch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these unknown comments are from Lissa, I'm not committing to a blog yet ;p

    ReplyDelete