Friday, January 17, 2014

Some More Celebrations

Our Sea World and Busch Garden's passes expired after Dec 31 so we had to say goodbye with one last trip to each.
To ring in the New Year, we drove the 5 minutes to Legoland to catch a few thrills on the roller coasters and then celebrate the New Year with Lego fireworks and the great Brick Drop at 7:00pm. Woot! We were home in bed at just about 8:30 pm.
What better way to spend the first day of the New Year than with manatees at the power plant in Tampa? We sure couldn't think of anything better so off we went. It was frigid. But it was like a dream come true. As a 2nd grade teacher, we read a book about endangered species and the manatee was one included. It said that some manatees lived in the warm water near power plants. Boom, I saw it with my own eyes. I wanted to email all my old students and let them know, the book was right and I saw them. That clearly wasn't realistic so I guess I'll just blog about it.
I love Florida, I really do. I cannot believe our time here is coming to a close. I hope to keep us jam packed with new adventures till that time comes but if you want to visit with us while we're here, come soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love manatees because of our second grade year! I'm jealous you get to see those crazy looking beauties in your own backyard!

    ReplyDelete